- 09-May-2013 to 10-May-2013 (PST)
- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
Scientific Resource Center Student Assistant
The Scientific Resource Center (SRC) for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Effective Health Care (EHC) Program is looking for a student assistant to work with the SRC Librarian. The SRC assists AHRQ in developing a research agenda for outcomes, comparative effectiveness reviews (CERs), and appropriateness of pharmaceuticals, devices, and health care services as well as providing methodological support to the 11 Evidence-based Practice Centers (EPCs) in North America.
The Student Assistant works with the SRC Research Librarian on the scientific information packet request process (request industry stakeholders to share their unpublished data), updating the SRC Methods Library (citation database of comparative effectiveness and systematic review methodologies), and other duties as assigned.
Scientific Information Packet (SIP) Requests:
• Process SIP request materials via Microsoft Word and Access.
• Maintain SIP contact information in Microsoft Access SIP master contact information database and assure data quality.
• Search and identify new SIP contact information via the Internet/direct calling and enter into the database.
• Accurately track details of SIP process in the Access database and Microsoft Excel.
Scientific Resource Center (SRC) Methods Library:
• Maintain SRC Methods Library on RefWorks platform and assure citation accuracy.
Hours: 10-15 hours/week (during regular business hours Monday-Friday). Flexible scheduling during exam and break periods.
• Enrolled student with at least 6+ undergraduate credits or 4+ graduate credit hours.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access (or other relational database software).
• Ability to work independently within a team structure and adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to attend to details and perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
• Undergraduate Junior or Senior status (at least 90 credits) or graduate student.
• Experience using reference management software (i.e. RefWorks).
• Experience in reviewing scientific literature.
• Experience with mail merges and bulk mail processing.
To apply for this position please visit www.pvarf.org. Position is open until filled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!